Michael is a Njaki Njaki Noongar man with more than 15 years’ professional experience in policy, community and business development, contract management, native title and strategic engagement with Aboriginal communities.
He has extensive experience in the management of Commonwealth Government contracts in the areas of native title and the cultural and social service sector focusing on community development, strategic planning, capacity building underpinned by effective governance processes.
Michael's recent work role was Aboriginal Affairs Manager for engineering firm Calibre Global.
His current and previous professional roles include:
- Past Chairman of the WA Aboriginal Advisory Council
- Chairman of Maarli Pty Ltd
- Deputy Chairman of South West Aboriginal Land & Sea Council
- Director of Aboriginal Alcohol & Drugs Service
- Director of Njaki Njaki Cultural Tours
- Member of WA Youth Justice Board
- Past Member of WA Government’s Aboriginal Affairs Coordinating Committee.
- Native Title Trust Advisor for Australian Executor Trustees
- Native Title Working Party Member for South West Aboriginal Land & Sea Council
- Native Title Traditional Owner Negotiator for South West Aboriginal Land & Sea Council
Michael holds a Bachelor of Applied Science (Community Development) from Curtin University, is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and has been recognised widely by receiving prestigious awards including the Western Australian Young Person of the Year and National NAIDOC Young Person of the Year for his professionalism, leadership and contribution to Western Australia.
Key Speaking Points
Noongar Chamber of Commerce